Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Blog 14 Independent Component 1

  • Literal   (a) I, Ronnie Martinez, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.   
                      (b) I used Coaching The Mental Game(book) and I played soccer for Covina AYSO, I also was a referee at the league.
                      (c) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsdWNjbSwve3dENZdTNpaDlfbGRwY0x0RkNyUEQ4YVE#gid=0  Spreadsheet of Hours
                      (d) During my independent component I wanted to accomplish two things learn what exactly a coach thinks of when his team is playing and how to handle practice. I accomplished those things because during my readings I saw that coaches need to keep composure during practice and they need to have a goal on accomplishing one thing during each practice. I also learned that coaches making changes mid game helps make the team stronger. I learned this while playing on my soccer team and by reffing games for other divisions.
  • Interpretive 
                      (a) My work during independent component included playing on my soccer team, reading articles, and reffing games. Playing for my team was significant because it helped me to understand how coaches work during games. I asked questions and even got to help make decisions on what the teams next move should be. By reffing I was able to asses different players attributes and what I would do as a coach. Reffing was significant because being able to ref with my mentor gives us the ability to discuss how teams play and coaching styles that we see as good or bad.

Below are pictures from practices and games that I went to with my mentor
  • Applied
                 (a) This component helped me because it helped justify my first answer to my EQ by showing that having a vision in practices and games really does help. the component also helped me better understand my foundation better because it helped me get a better idea on how coaches think during game situations and even how they react. When I was playing for my team I attended practices up to 3 times a week and played one to two games per week. During games I played midfield and I was then asking my coach to be subbed out at least twice to ask the coach questions about some decisions he would make such as players fitness levels and how the team was doing in general. Playing in games helped me to better see what my coach was doing right when we were winning and what wasn't working when we were losing, so this better helped me to answer my EQ by giving me examples on what decisions coaches make mid game.  When I was reffing games I chose games that would be easy for me to evaluate how coaches reacted during games when calls were made. I chose games based on division and the teams overall wins to show what the coach was doing right in order to be successful.Reffing games helped me with my EQ because I got to see how the players were reacting to what the coaches were saying. Reading my book was very helpful because it provided examples of coaches who have found success by using techniques in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment