Friday, May 23, 2014

Blog 22 Senior Reflection

(1) Positive Statement
I am most proud of completing  my block presentation and doing it well. I was afraid I would be unable to make the time, but I ended up doing so and I talked for almost ten minutes after I had made the time. I am also very proud that I was able to give my information without any errors or mishaps. I delivered the information well and I had a lot of information to talk about.

(2) Questions to Consider
a.     What assessment would you give yourself on your Block Presentation (self-assessment)?

AE    I chose this assessment because I made my time and I provided background on my answers, examples, and I cited plenty of sources. My activity involved everyone and it was based on my best answer and we talked about how it related. I engaged the audience with a hook activity and it was related to my overall topic. I referenced published sources, and I cited examples by using research to help back up my answers. I felt that I have done enough and met the requirements in order to receive the grade I have put down.

b.     What assessment would you give yourself on your overall senior project (self-assessment)?

AE/P+    I chose this because everything was turned in on time and for all of the projects that were done I met the requirements needed in order to receive the grade I have put down.

(3) What worked for you in your senior project?
What worked best during my senior project was my ability to find research and apply the knowledge I have learned. I found a book that provided me with a lot of information and I was able to take two online classes. By reading this book and taking these classes I was able to take that knowledge and use it during my mentorship in order to better my experience and make myself a better coach. With the information I have learned I was also able to talk about it during my block presentation and I was able to provide examples from my own experience because I was able to apply that knowledge and get the hands on experience needed. Having this experience made it easier for me to talk during my presentation because I was able to bring up examples and actually provide knowledge I had learned myself.

(4) (What didn't work) If you had a time machine, what would have you done differently to improve your senior project if you could go back in time?
If I had a chance to go back in time the only thing I would have done differently would have been the 30 minute presentation. I did not prepare properly enough and I was not happy with the results. I was not ready and I talked to fast which kept me from reaching the time that I needed. This is the only thing I felt that went wrong everything else worked and was executed very well.

(5) Finding Value
How has the senior project been helpful to you in your future endeavors?   Be specific and use examples.
The senior project has been helpful to me because I now know that I can be an effective leader and communicator. Doing the mentorship and presentations I am comfortable speaking in front of crowds and I now know that I can step up in situations that require a leader. The senior project has helped me to become a leader and has made me a better person in finding research and backing up that research with examples.

No comments:

Post a Comment