Monday, May 12, 2014

Blog 21: Mentorship

Literal:
Log of Hours: 74 Hours 45 Minutes
Contact: Ron Martinez, American Youth Soccer Organization Region 602 Covina

Interpretive:
The most important thing that I have gained from this experience has been the ability to be comfortable leading a group of people by myself. As a coach I had to be able to talk to others and give instructions without acting nervous. If I were to seem nervous I would not be taken seriously and my instructions would not be heard. This was also very important because I could apply this experience to my work in school. Being able to present in front of others is very important this year, and I got much needed experience because of my mentor ship. In order to be a successful coach you must be able to take initiative and be responsible. This is why I feel that learning to be more comfortable was very important during my mentor ship  because I had to take initiative with the team and showed them that I was a serious coach who wanted them to learn.

Applied:
During my mentor ship I had to find ways to help answer my Essential Question and it was hard at first but I finally found out a good way to find answers. My mentorship helped me answer my EQ because I was able to apply the knowledge I had learned from research and use it on the team that I was coaching. Throughout my research I was finding answers but in order to make sure that they were effective I had to use them on a soccer team to see if they worked. This is how my mentorship helped me to answer my EQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment