Thursday, April 24, 2014

Blog 19: Independent Component 2

Literal
(a) I Ronnie Martinez affirm that I have completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.

(b) The source that I used often throughout my independent component was my 3rd and 4th interviews, my mentor, and I was taking two online courses with the United States Youth Soccer Organization.

(d) I completed my 30 hours of work of by helping to coach my mentors U16 girls team during scrimmages and practices. I then completed two online courses for the United States Youth Soccer organization. The courses were about coaching soccer and how to handle soccer teams.

Interpretive

When I started my component I wanted to make sure that I was doing something that helped me to find answers, and apply those answers by actually coaching. To start off my component I began by coaching a U16 girls team. I was able to coach two scrimmage games the first one the score was 1-1 and the second game the score was 2-1. Being able to coach was a great experience because I was able to apply the teachings I have learned such as running drills to find athletes strengths and weaknesses, and motivating kids by having a team vision.I wanted to learn more about the ideas and principles of coaching so I decided to take two online courses on soccer coaching and running a team effectively. The first online course was one major part and it had two quizzes and a test at the end. The second course was made up of 6 chapters and each one had a quiz and then a final test at the end.



These are the two certificates I received for completing my two online courses for soccer coaching.


Applied
The component helped answer my EQ because I was able to apply the knowledge I have learned throughout the year by coaching a soccer team and by taking courses based on the knowledge I have learned. During my coaching experience I was able to apply my first answer of having a vision to what I was doing. I explained to the team of what having a vision meant and they took what I told them and applied it to their practices. During practices they were focused on reaching the goals that I had set for them and they were determined to help me answer my EQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment